Babies

Tragic: 11-Month-Old Dies After Grandparents Forgot Him in Sweltering Hot Car for Two Hours

Tragic: 11-Month-Old Dies After Grandparents Forgot Him in Sweltering Hot Car for Two Hours

An 11-month-old Georgia boy died after his grandparents accidentally left him in a hot vehicle for about two hours.

Police in Chickamauga say 11-month-old Jaxon Taylor died Saturday after he was left inside a hot SUV.

Police say the boy was with his grandparents when they returned from church. Apparently the grandparents and the boy’s aunt and cousin all went inside without realizing no one took the baby.

The boy’s mother, who works as a nighttime nurse at Hutcheson Medical Center, woke up about two hours after the family returned home and asked about the boy. It was only then they realized he was still in his car seat.

The child was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police say the tragic death was a result of poor communication and that criminal charges have not been ruled out.

“We believe, at this point,that each adult may have thought the other adult had responsibility to get that child out,” Sheriff Steve Wilson told WRCB. “When they got inside, they just did not confirm or communicate that to each other.”

Babies